Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Friends, Family & Launch Sunday

First of all, I must apologize for the drought in blogging.  I have been one busy guy, and all the busyness has not let up in several weeks.  Believe me, I love keeping everyone in the loop, but sometimes it's just hard.  But, now that we are here, let me just give you the inside scoop on the last 5 days of my life. 

It all started on Thursday when I was anticipating the arrival of some of my Florida friends and family.  A group of them came to town to help with some outreach, and serve alongside the team at the official launch of Grace Church!  They arrived on Thursday, and not only was it great to see them, but it was also great to share some Frozen yogurt with them at Sweet CiCis.  After catching up and saying "hello" to everyone, they headed to get some rest and I came home and went to bed as well.  I woke up on Friday morning and Mom, Dad and I went downtown to the Nashville Farmers Market to have lunch with the group. We were also able to catch up our friend Jeremy.  Jeremy pastors the Axis church downtown Nashville. Myself along with some of the other kids on the trip were able to "test drive" Pastor Jeremy's nursery at his church....we loved it!
 It was kind of a nasty day because of rain, but we made the best of it.  Saturday was filled with making some final purchases for the Grace Church cafe, hanging with Mommy and Aunt Denise, attending the evening service at Longhollow, and eating a nice dinner with all of group. 
Mom and Aunt Denise, of course, wanted Mexican food, so I protested in the booth!  I just can't handle Mexican...kinda like my Daddy.
So, Sunday was the big day!  Daddy was out and about, getting it done at the Regal Cinema at Indian Lakes, where Grace Church meets. It was a great day with lots of great people helping, including my friends from Florida. They made all the children very happy, especially me, in the nursery. After a great day at church, we went out for a little lunch and then had to bid our friends good-bye and a safe trip home.

When I came home, I crashed. As a matter of fact, I am still catching up on some sleep. I better run, there's still work to be done, and I've gotta get a nap too! 
Davis

No comments: