Saturday, March 26, 2011

In the Driver's Seat

Life has been extremely busy over the last couple of weeks.  The weather was super nice last week and I was able to go outside and stroll, run, and kick the soccer ball around a little bit!  I love the beautiful weather and the outdoors....there's nothing like it. But, after about a week of beautiful weather, the cold decided to move back in.  I can't really decide if I think Spring is here or not...pretty confusing. 

Last week I went and met some friends who have come to my church and they had a big bus they let me drive.  I loved sitting in the drivers seat and driving that big "baby." They were great people and I look forward to seeing them again. 

Today, I had another experience that rev'd my motor a little more.  Myself, along with all of my parents Life Group took lunch to one of the local fire departments.  They immediately took me out to the bay area where all the trucks were.  It was awesome, and guess who the driver was....me!  I saw the lights and heard the siren (which wasn't my favorite).  I will definitely take them lunch again as long as they will let me drive the truck. 
As you can see Capt. George hooked me up with the drivers seat.

I even had the chance to check out their heavy duty gear that they wear in a fire.  It was some pretty awesome stuff.  When I left they gave me a fireman hat of my own, and thank goodness it wasn't as heavy as there's!

I had better run.  I'll talk to you soon!  Have a great weekend, and should you need a firefighter just give me a shout.


Firefighter Davis

No comments: