Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Celebrate Easter

Wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend I was able to experience!  This past weekend was very busy for my family and I, as we celebrated Easter along with our Parkview church family.  We were all at church on Saturday night for our normal service and it was great. 
Easter day began for my Daddy at about 4:45 AM. . . yes that was 4:45 AM.  I must say, I am very thankful that was not me!  Daddy was able to see the sunrise at Princess Place Preserve along with approximately 250 other people who came out to the sunrise service. 

Next up was Mommy, she was up at 6:30 AM.  Once again, I'm so glad it wasn't me up that early!  After Mommy was able to do some preparation for the day, I was up at about 7:30 AM.  Yes, 7:30 AM is still too early for this big guy, but I went along with the flow.  After a big breakfast, getting cleaned up and ready for church, and loading all we needed for the day in the car, we were on our way to church.  It was a marathon kind of day at church.  Four services on Sunday is alot, but it was well worth it for Easter. 
After church all the gang went to Barbara Jeans for a nice lunch.  After lunch, my cousin Seth and I had a Easter egg hunt.  It was a blast, although I think he found a few more eggs than I did!!  It was overall a beautiful day to celebrate!  Mommy told me over breakfast the reason for celebrating Easter, and later Daddy and I had a conversation about Jesus and how he rose from the dead!  That's really awesome! 

I hope you had a great Easter and will join me in celebrating Jesus all year long!

Bye for now,
Davis

No comments: