After the adventure in Baltimore, we headed to Daddy's home state of Delaware. We got to stay at my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chris' house. It was very nice, with a lot of fun stuff to get my hands on!
Speaking of places to stay, we stopped by the house where my daddy grew up! Here's grammy and pop-pop's house that they raised daddy from the mid 70's to the late 80's. Here's what is neat... see the tree in the background to the left? Daddy planted that when he was 10. It was 8 feet tall then... wow!
As we were in and around Daddy's hometown, he took me and mommy on a tour of all his favs! We even went to Daddy's favorite hang out as a teenager. Yep, the Dog House. And yes, it was that good! Nothing better than a fried hot dog. Don't knock it till you try it!
Not only did we get to hang out with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chris at their house in Newark, DE, they also joined us for 3 days as we headed to my (great) Aunt Carol (grammy's sister) and Uncle Lee's place on the beach in Fenwick Island, DE. While there, we all went to the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD (which was only 15 minutes from DE). Someone walked by with a funnel cake, so that's why I am not looking at the camera like L & C.
And ohhh, the food up on the boardwalk...wow! And yes, Aunt Lisa got her favorite thing too...
Then the games began... We had a skeeball challenge! Lots of fun! Aunt Lisa rocked it...
We had a great time hanging out with UL & AC. They were great hosts. Uncle Lee kept me busy! Lots of giggles...
Now our time was running out in DE, so it was time to get ready to go back to NC for a few days... Mommy was all smiles to see some family in NC...
But before we left, we ate one more time with UC & AL. Now let me be honest... all we did was eat, eat, and more eatin'...
And here's my mommy and daddy after just finishing up a great lunch and getting to drive the 5 hours to NC!
Once we got to NC, it was non-stop once again! And this time, I called the shots. I wanted to stop by Uncle Quentin's piano store and "tickle the ivories". That was fun! I'm a natural...
Of course, I ruled the house around granddaddy's and grandma's! I even found a cool ride...
And the final night in NC, I invited all the cousins over for some hang out time! Uncle Q grilled some burgers. Great times. Here's me with cousin Tim! Cool guy... I think the family is hoping I rub off on him 'cause I need another cousin...
Well, the 11 day trip had to come to an end! So we packed up the car one last time and drove the 9 hours back to Palm Coast. All in all the trip was great. And I must say, I was great on this trip. Yep, 2500 miles in the car, 11 days and 10 nights away from home, fast food (alot), and lots of family... I was perfect!
Now back to reality...
Love y'all, Davis













No comments:
Post a Comment