Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 4th Fun

I had been excited about July 3rd for weeks because my church was having a celebration in honor of God and our Country.  There were inflatables, live music, face painting, and fireworks all lined up to take place from five o'clock till nine o'clock.  On Friday the third the rain set in... and yes, it stayed for most of the day.  The event had to be moved inside, and it was still great.  My Dad's friend Channing Eleton did a great job playing the piano and singing.  It was still a great night, and it was topped off with fireworks... in spite of the rain. 
There was something else I was looking forward to... my friends Steve, Amanda, Stephen James, Spencer came over and spent the evening with me.  We ate, played, and laughed the night away.  The next day we all went swimming and splashed each other in the pool. 
At the end of the weekend I was exhausted, and very thankful for my country, my God, and wonderful friends!
 I hope you had a great 4th!!  GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments: