Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Week of Adventure

It has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. We were going out of town for a week to meet up with some prospective Grace Church partners, and man was it gonna be fun. Prior to leaving I did have some work to take care of.
It was definitely a whirlwind, but alot of fun also.  It all started last Thursday morning when we loaded up the car and took off headed to Virginia.  We arrived in Lynchburg, VA on Thursday night and spent Friday morning there on the campus of Liberty University, catching up with some old friends of my Mom.  Liberty is Mom's alma mater and she said it had done alot of growing since she was there back in the 60's ...oops, I mean the 90's.  We walked all over the campus (because Mom and Dad forgot my wheels), and even met Mr. David Platt after he spoke in convocation that morning. Mom and Dad said that he had recently written a pretty cool book, "Radical"! 
So after we left Lynchburg, we then went to Charlottsville, VA where my cousins Jeff and Brian live.  I also have two cousins there whom I met for the first time, Tyler and Addie. We had lots of fun laughing, eating pizza and we played outside a little bit too!  All in all it was a blast! 
After leaving Charlottsville pretty late we went on to Delaware where we went to my Aunt Chris and Uncle Paul's house.  We didn't arrive till after midnight, and I was a tired puppy!  Our trip included meeting lots of new friends, going to several new nurseries, and catching up with family.  I was able to meet my new cousin Logan, and he was so much fun to watch.  I tried my best to take care of him and see that he was all good (I'll post picts. of Logan & I soon)!  As always, it was great to see Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chris, they are always fun to hang out with! I played alot of peek-a-boo with them and I even sang a few songs for them.  I'm pretty sure they wanted me to keep singing, but I was getting tired.  I ended my trip with alot of play time with Aunt Chris and Uncle Paul.  They were lots of fun to play with and they even gave me a early birthday present.  I snuck into my present early and played with it on my way home, in the car. 
                                         
Thanks to everyone who made our trip such a success.  It was awesome to see you all and we look forward to seeing you soon!  FYI...You can come and visit us in Nashville, ya know?!?!
Love Ya'll
Davis

No comments: