Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas & New Years

There has been a ton going on here lately.  I know that everyone has been really busy, because of Christmas and New Years celebrations, but hopefully it will all slow down soon.  Today is my first full day back at home and boy has it been relaxing.  Mom, Dad, and I have spent alot of time in our pajamas today.  I've also been catching up on some much needed time spent with my new toys! 

Let me share a little about our Christmas celebration here at the Peters house... Mom and Dad chose to invite Santa over on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas day because of our holiday schedule.  We woke up Christmas Eve morning and Santa had visited.  He brought me lots of fun toys and a huge train table with lots of trains.  I loved every single one of my gifts.  I also got some clothes and lots more toys!  After opening presents we dressed up and went to a Christmas Eve service at my favorite church...Grace Church

So, Christmas morning came and we woke up and began to pack for a trip to NC.  I was able to play with my toys for a while, as Mommy packed and cooked Christmas lunch for us.  It was a fun time.  We had lunch, loaded up the car, and were headed East.  After about ten hours in the car, we arrived at Grandma and Grandaddy Asby's house.  It was great to stretch my legs out and run around at their house after being in the car so long.  It was a little after midnight when we all finally went to bed.  The next day (Monday), we all slept in and chilled at Grandma's house.  My great grandparents, Mema and Papa, came over for a little while and brought me a fun Thomas the Train book.  It was awesome!

The next day, I woke up with a little bit of a fever.  It's never good to be sick right after Christmas, or really anytime:)  I did not feel well all day long, but that afternoon my cousins, Alan and Bryce came over and we exchanged Christmas gifts with them.  They are always a ton of fun to play with and, of course, opening gifts is always lots of fun.  I played and played and played!  My cousin Alan likes to play the drums so he and I went upstairs and were playing with my Grandaddy's drum set.  Alan is a pretty good drummer but I had to teach him a few new techniques since I was there to help.  SHHHHH, don't tell him I said that;)  Any-way drumming was alot of fun, and by the end of the week I had learned how to drum softly.  Mom said it was neccessary that I learn the "soft" part if I was going to be a great drummer!
                                    
Wednesday came and I still was not feeling well.  I did very little other than laying around all day long.  I didn't even feel like opening any more presents.  I slept most of the afternoon away and felt a little better after waking up. 

Then came Thursday.....I woke up feeling much better and we went out to a few stores and shopped a bit.  We then went back home because it was nap time, and you know me, I love my sleep. 

Friday morning Mom, Dad, and I woke up, packed the car up and went to Charlotte to visit with my cousins Crystal and Darren.  We had lots of fun with them.  They took us to see lots of Christmas lights and the lights were saw were on the Charlotte Motor Speedway.  I'm pretty sure that that's the same speedway were Lighting McQueen raced on Cars 2!  Not only did we see the lights but we also went to the mall and rode this really cool train around.  Crystal and I pimped around the mall on the cool train!  We had so much fun!
   
After a really fun night, I went back to Crystal and Darren's and crashed for the night.  The next morning, we woke up, ran a few errands, had lunch and were on our way back to Hendersonville.  It was a great trip, but there's nothing like being in my own bed.  And yes, I slept like a baby the first night back home!

After a good nights rest, I woke up and went to church....yes, it was the first church service of 2012, so I wouldn't of missed it.....my parents wouldn't let me;)  The great thing is that my church meets in a movie theater and so after the service I always like to play some of the games, or at least pretend!  It was a wonderful Christmas and New Years and hope that you and your family had a great time as well.

Please check back soon because I plan to do a little reminiscing of 2011 in the next few days.  For now, I'd like to say "Happy New Year" & my family and I love you and appreciate you checking up on us here at davisandersonpeters.blogspot.com!  Love You All! 

Davis

No comments: