Tuesday, May 26, 2009
One Tough Cookie
Today I was 2 months and 2 weeks old. Because I was sick with a cold during the week that my 2 month doctor visit was originally scheduled, my Mommy had postponed it till today. I had a great morning; slept well last night, and slept late this morning. I had no clue what I was in for at the doctors office.
First, when I went in the room, of course, the nurse weighed me. I weighed in at a whopping 14lbs. and 3 oz. My Mommy says I feel heavier than that, but that's what the scale said and we know the doctor's scale is always right! After being weighed the nice nurse measured my length, and she said, "Wow, he's gonna be a tall one. . . he is almost 27 inches long." After that, the doctor came in and checked me out and talked to my Mommy about how I was developing, eating, sleeping, etc. (you know, all the boring doctor stuff). The doctor left saying I looking perfectly healthy, and then said the nurse would be back in. She came in fully equipped to cause me so much pain!!!! She proceeded to give a shot in one leg, and then two shots in the other leg. How much can a little guy handle in one day??? After I had a little crying spell and the once nice, now mean nurse left the room, I was okay.
I got a few little naps in this afternoon after watching my favorite DVD, Praise Baby, and I'm doing good now. I'm one tough cookie, so those shots don't bother me a bit!
I hope your day went better than mine, and the next time you go to the doctor look out for the mean nurse.
We'll chat later,
Davis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You look sleeping in this picture, Davis. Your cousin Darren and I loved meeting you last weekend. You currently hold first place for the cutest & coolest baby we know :)
Post a Comment