Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Mission Trip

Last Wednesday, me, my mommy & daddy, and 6 Overflo students headed out for a week long mission trip to Nashville, Tennessee.  We came up here to help with a friend who is planting a church.  They needed some help because they just bought their first building in downtown. 

We drove to Atlanta on Wednesday then finished out the trip to Nashville on Thursday.  Once we arrived, we checked into the hotel then went into downtown to see all the sites.  It was a lot of fun!

On Friday, daddy and the students headed out for a work day so me and my mommy stayed at the hotel....
 
I needed some major sleep after that long trip from Palm Coast. I think it took about 12 hours.

Over the next few days, I got to spend a lot of one on one time with my mommy.  We hung out, slept, shopped, and enjoyed laying out by the hotel pool....
 

On Sunday, we got to go to our friend's church.  That was fun but was very hot...like 90 degrees inside their meeting place.  Good thing was my kid's room was cool with A/C. 

After a long couple of days, the students were treated to an awesome pool party. This was hosted by some friend's of Jeremy, the church planter.  Their house was beautiful!  I snuck out and took a couple of photos of their house....


 They even had an outdoor chess set that was as tall as me! It was really neat!

Once again, I got to swim with my mommy....

 

And hang out by the pool...
  
Now, we are getting ready to go nite-nite.  Headed to Atlanta in the morning.... going to a Braves game!

Love y'all,
Davis

No comments: